Monday, July 30, 2007

Let’s Talk About: Landfills.

Every once in a while, when I’m feeling like wasting some gas on a nice evening drive, there’s a certain route I always take. My friends first showed me this course and I thought it was some kind of swamp. It turns out it’s an area where the local dam (Dover Dam) lets water overflow. It’s pretty interesting nonetheless. There are some dead type trees and, not to mention, lots of stars. And it’s always fun to pretend like there’s a swampthing living out there somewhere.

Anyway, one time I noticed a blue flame at the top of the hill to one side of the “swamp.” I didn’t think anything of it aside from assuming it must be some sort of factory. I saw the same one on multiple occasions but never anywhere else.

Then, while driving my route during the day, I noticed lots of garbage trucks going in and out of the area. I never saw where exactly they were headed until one day, I caught two at the same time entering and exiting a lot. It’s only a short distance from the dam. (In the picture above, the flood area is past the dam and to the left. The truck’s destination is before the dam, on the left as well.)

I took a philosophy class this spring and the professor mentioned something about mass amounts of garbage being dumped in north eastern Ohio by Canton.

Tonight, for the first time, I saw a shit ton of these blue flames so I’m pretty sure I’ve decided it has to be a big ass landfill. 

I Google’d it and this is what I got… http://boarad-appealing-landfill-expansion.blogspot.com/

For those of you too lazy to read, here’s a summary:
“An appeal of the June 27 decision to allow a 170-acre expansion by Countywide Recycling and Disposal Facility will be filed on behalf of the Stark-Tuscarawas-Wayne Joint Solid Waste Management District board of directors.
“The expansion will take total acreage at the facility, located in Stark County’s Pike Township and owned by Republic Services Inc., based in Florida, to 258 acres.
“The decision from ERAC rejected claims from groups, including the joint solid waste district, the village of Bolivar and Club 3000 – a grassroots environmental group – that the Ohio EPA was in error when it granted a permit for Countywide to expand in 2003.
“The groups claimed that engineering problems and the danger of underground contamination of the water aquifer should have led OEPA to deny the expansion permit.”

Oh great.

And then some dude “…noted that recent odors were caused by workers drilling into the reaction zone and settlement on top of the landfill.”

LOL



So basically that swamp is pwn’d.

The end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does "pwn'd" mean? Is that hip slang you kids are using nowadays?

I haven't heard from you so I figure your busy writing. (Or with crack and prostitution) :)I was gonna ask if you wanted to do a he said/she said thing on one issue or another.

Cheers,

Ross

Anonymous said...

That's weird, I didn't get your e-mail. :(

Ross

Anonymous said...

cool. I'm rossgtaylor72@yahoo.com. I'm on Yahoo Messenger under the same name. I'm also lancehandsome@msn.com and I use msn messenger under that name. phew. now here are some still photos from my colonoscopy...

Anonymous said...

you're amish aren't you? Or mennonite. you can work the blog because it is essentially a butterchurn with a keyboard. but e-mail? nope. maybe it has something to do with that "mailer-demon" thing.

Ross

abduction bdsm stories said...

Call your LT and tellhim the Captain is off shift and Im running things, and Im detailing you tohold the boat. In that way he would be married tome, but I didnt like this for a couple of reasons.
bdsm lesbian stories
free pregnant bestiality stories
bride spanking stories
free online spanking stories
free sex stories with animals
Call your LT and tellhim the Captain is off shift and Im running things, and Im detailing you tohold the boat. In that way he would be married tome, but I didnt like this for a couple of reasons.